Wednesday 8 June 2011

Blogging not sulking.

I am at risk of another week of sulking, so I have come here to get it off my chest!  Weigh in at Weightwatchers this morning and only 1lb loss.  Yes, yes, I know all you glasshalffull people will tell me that it's a loss and it's all in the right direction and so on, but I'm still pretty pissed off because what with all the not eating yummy sweets and all the hard hard work on the running, it doesn't feel like ENOUGH.  It would literally take me years to get to target at 1lb a week.  To me, 1lb is RUBBISH.  Bloody hell.

Anyway, some better news from today.  I won a pedometer in the WW raffle - woot!  I wanted one, but couldn't really justify the expense, they're about fifteen quid, and now I have one for the outlay of £1.  Thanks bosslady Natalie and Bev!

I finally had an appointment with the diabetes consultant at the hospital, after only five months of waiting and hassling and phoning to remind them that I was actually unmedicated and pretty ill and probably a candidate for hospitalisation and could they please just let me have fifteen minutes of a doctor's time instead.  This was finally achieved by phoning the office of the CEO of the Health Board and complaining.  Twenty minutes later, my appointment was sorted for the next day.  Magical, the power of bitching at the right folk!  The very pleasant Dr O agreed that I could try a relatively new drug called Byetta which might actually help my weight loss efforts instead of hindering them like insulin does.  I should be getting my supply of it tomorrow from the diabetes nurses, is it sad that I am excited?

Another woot for today - I found alcoholic ROOT BEER in Tesco.  How amazing is that?  I'm saving it to take on my hols!

Biggest woot saved for last - today I ran the first run of Week 4.  A five minute warm up, a 'short' three minute run, 1.5 minute walk, a FIVE MINUTE RUN, 2.5 minute walk, run 3, walk, run FIVE, cool down.  Yes, I ran for five minutes without stopping. Twice. Without wanting to saturate you in the sheer smugness, I'm so proud.  I honestly never thought I would acheieve that, I remember back at the outset, scrolling through the weeks and thinking, run for five minutes?  Fuck no!  And here, I did it.  It feels so so good.  I'm also amused that what was my 'long run' on Monday is my 'short run' today.  Progress of the very coolest kind.

I think I need to blog soon about the positive changes that I AM noticing - the changes in my shape and msucles and fitness, to gee myself over the fact that the scales just don't want to shift for me.  I will do that soon, I promise, but now I am off to hit the sofa with a Curly Wurly!  (3PP...!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're doing great! I so badly want to try thi, but I'm so nervous about running in front of people. When do you go running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya sweetheart! Nice to hear from you! By necessity I run in the evening, DH doesn't get home until 7.30ish so I dump the kids on him, wave in the direction of his dinner and run out of the door! One thing I've learned is that 99.99% of people are too wrapped up in what THEY are doing to worry about watching you run. If you're nervous you could try early mornings? Just make sure someone knows where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you eat when you get home or before? Just trying to work out which way round to do things. I have a friend who runs, but she does it before work. I looked into maybe doing it before the school run but I'd have to get up at stupid o'clock, plus I then have to walk 3 miles to Rheya's school and back...my poor feet would hate me...lol

    ReplyDelete