Sunday 5 June 2011

Progress!

Week 3 - warm up walk, 5 minutes.  Run 1.5 minutes, walk 1.5 minutes; run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes.  Repeat. Cool down walk 5 minutes.

I've been sulking again.  I'm terrible.  Wednesday's loss was a mere 1/2lb, which was a bit frustrating, because I've been working SO hard.  I can feel the inches coming off, am noticing the difference in my clothes, I just want the scales to shift!

It's been a busy week, and a sad one, as we had to have our two pet rats put to sleep on Friday.  I'm very proud of myself for not caving in and comfort eating.  I did have chocolate -but it was a Curly Wurly!  3 Propoints - I can live with that.

Because it's been busy I'd not had time to run after Monday's efforts on Week 2, so when I headed out last night I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to start Week 3 with that big jump from 1.5 to 3 minutes continuous running.  I appreciate that this might not seem 'big' to fit people but a few weeks ago just running for 60 seconds was a challenge so try to see it from my perspective, three minutes is scary long time!

With my husband's encouragement, I decided to go for it - and I'm glad I did because I DID IT!  I ran for three whole minutes without stopping - TWICE!  In fact, after my second 3 minute run I even tacked on a little victory sprint.  Get me and my victory sprinting, watch the fat girl GO!

My pride in myself, and my small but enormous accomplishment, has lifted my mood like nothing else could.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing really well!
    Don't be too disheartened about the weight loss, muscle is considerably heavier than fat. Go by your clothes, the fact they are looser shows how much your shape is changing.
    Running for 3 minutes solid is great, something I have yet to achieve.

    Have your shins stopped hurting yet?

    ReplyDelete